Friday, July 4, 2008

Ascending to Summit (4095m - 13400 feets)

Breakfast at 1.50am before setting off...
.
The previous night, I tried to sleep at 8pm, it was quite cold (below 6 degrees outside) and I had breathing difficulty as my nose was blocked and the air was thin. I managed to sleep at around 10pm and woke up at 1.25am.
.
.
.

@ the Summit on 5.40am, after 4 hours of trekking and climbing.

.

.

On the way to summit, it was pitch dark. I remember the moment when we switched off our headlamps, and take a few minutes appreciate the sky that was full of stars.

Very enjoyable

We were enjoying the journey

.

.

I thought of the comparable night skies that I saw when I was in Australia, Langmusi, Yosemite, Tibet, Rajasthan etc..

.

.


Sunrise at the Summit
.
.
.

Another view of sunrise at the Summit

.

.

. Babe and Beautiful Landscape...

.

.

.

Introducing the beautiful world...

.

.

.

Beautiful!!!

.

.

.

Beginning of the descend
.
.
.
Ironically, we enjoyed the ascend more than the descend. May be we are too objective/goal-oriented. May be once the goal was accomplished, there might be void to be filled?!?!?

Descending the rocky terrain...

.

.

.


Happy Birthday to Princess Yunyun!!!

Celebrating her birthday at an elevation of 4000m. The cake looked pathetic, but it would definitely be one of the more memorable birthdays.

.

.

.

What's the similarity in these 4 pics?

.

.

.

Answer: Val had been "leading" the pack.

Look at the line of people behind her... haha

Sorry Val, it's too funny not to be shared. :P

.

.

.


End of the trekking!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shiok! View is simply sublime.... *Inspired* Maybe I will do it one day, when I have lost all my fats, haha..

Boon said...

HAHAHA...
having a too comfortable life at Athens liao!!